Certified Residential Thermographer
Dates: March 8-9, 2023
Meets: See Sessions Tab
Location: Montana Weatherization Training Center - Bozeman
MT WAP Registration: $0.00
Thermal imaging is an important skill for every level of the home performance industry from energy auditors to installers. This two-day course will teach students Infrared theory, an understanding heat flow, how to get accurate temperature measurements, camera controls and care of cameras. Students will then take this knowledge and learn how to conduct thermal inspections related to moisture, building shells, electrical, windows, pests, appliances, and chimneys. They will also learn how to manage the images they collect and create reports.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon course completion, the student will know:
- How IR cameras work
- How to take care of IR cameras
- How to take quality images
- Moisture Inspections - finding water leaks in attics, walls or floors before insulation is added
- Wall Inspections - Confirm presence or absence of insulation and completeness of wall blows
- Blower door guided air sealing diagnosis and work
- Wall Inspections - Find air leaks and confirm completeness of wall air leakage work
- Attic Inspections - Find air leaks and confirm completeness of attic air leakage work
- Pre-work and post-work duct leakage
- Electrical Inspections - Non-contact method to check for bad junctions or breakers
- Window Inspections - Find air and/or argon gas leaks and pinpoint air sealing work
- HVAC Inspection - Document compressor problems, duct temperatures, and heat exchanger issues. Locate heat registers that have been floored over.
- Chimney inspections - Integrity of chimney joints and structures, masonry, or metal
Montana Weatherization Network members may take this course at no cost.
Use the MT WAP Registration option to register with a $0 fee. For questions, contact the Training Center at email@example.com or 406-586-0070.
To return to Montana Weatherization Training Center website please go to weatherization.org
Fee: $650.00optional: Fee Breakdown
|Registration Fee||$ 650.00|
|MT WAP Registration||$ 0.00|
Montana Weatherization Training Center - Bozeman751 Osterman Drive
Bozeman, MT 59715
Monroe Infared Technologies
|03/08/2023||Wednesday||8 AM to 5 PM||Montana Weatherization Training Center - Bozeman|
|03/09/2023||Thursday||8 AM to 5 PM||Montana Weatherization Training Center - Bozeman|
This course has 16 contact hours and can qualified as 16 continuing education units (CEUs) toward Home Energy Professional Certification through the Building Performance Institute (BPI).
For information about refunds, cancellations, minimum enrollments and more, see the Course Administration and Procedures page.
Academic Technology and Outreach
Montana State University
P.O. Box 173860
Bozeman, MT 59717-3860
Tel: (406) 994-6550
Fax: (406) 994-7856
Location: 128 Barnard Hall